First off, I want to thank you for taking interest in how God is working in our lives and in Coral Springs/Parkland. We are overwhelmed with gratitude for the support and encouragement we have received in the few months we have been preparing to launch a new congregation in our city.
I am a church planting resident at Spanish River Church (Boca Raton, FL) and have been for a little over nine months now. The way my residency works is I primarily work for Spanish River through my first year and then spend the second year making connections and raising support in preparation for launching services in late 2019. My responsibilities now include things like preaching, teaching various Christian education courses, leading a few outreach ministries, continuing my education through Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS-Orlando), and receiving training specific to a church planter. Here is a timeline of what I have been up to during my time at Spanish River thus far and how we hope to progress in the months to come:
- April: Church Planters' Retreat at Spanish River Church (SRC)
- June: Residency begins
- June - now: Preaching/Teaching at the Broward Outreach Center monthly
- July - now: Begin teaching Christian education courses at SRC
- August: Begin attending monthly gatherings with local church planters
- August: Started small men's discipleship group @ SRC
- September: Speak at SRC Men's Retreat in Stuart, FL
- October: Received licensure from the Gulfstream, FL Presbytery
- November: UK Partnership Trip - Heard church planting proposals from various plants in Scotland and England along with several other pastors from the U.S.
- November: Began bi-monthly church plant coaching meetings
- January: Began pulpit supply at various churches within our presbytery
- February: MNA Assessment Pre-Screen Interview
- March: Began men's gatherings in Coral Springs to begin putting together a core team
- March-December: Continue to gather Core Team
- April-December: Support Raising locally and nationally
- October: Begin Vision Casting Gatherings
- January: Finalize Core Team
- January-April: Core Team meetings and training
- February-April: Finalize details on church leadership structure and affiliations
- May-August: Community Events
- August-October: Weekly core team gatherings, launch previews, and official public launch
All of the future dates are tentative goals toward which we will continue to strive and pray. Please stay current with our website for more news and updates to come!